Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Rain Reign

A month or so ago, I randomly saw an article on cnn.com about a new book Ann M. Martin was writing--Rain Reign--about a girl with high-functioning autism.  I was intrigued, so I put the book on hold at the library.  The book is about Rose, a fifth grader who loves homonyms, rules, and her dog, Rain.  When a big hurricane hits Rose's town, Rain goes missing, and Rose works to handle the change of routine as well as the loss of her dog.

I really liked this book.  I've enjoyed lots of books written from the point of view of children with disabilities or disorders, and this one was another great one.  Rose was a wonderful, likable, believable character, and I liked that the book wasn't completely predictable.  The book was well-written and had lots of good imagery.  A good read.  I got teary-eyed, and I'm not even a dog person--a dog-lover would probably enjoy this book even more.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment