Saturday, November 8, 2014

David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants

I somehow heard about Malcolm Gladwell's books--possibly initially through the New York Times Best-seller List--and decided to read David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants.  This is a nonfiction book that integrates psychology, history, and other resources to prove the author's idea that disadvantages in life may actually be advantages.

This was a pretty interesting book--especially at the beginning.  (I was really engaged in the first few sections, but I started losing interest and getting confused by how things came together as the book went on.)  I was fascinated by some of the research he presented and by the idea that bad things that happen in people's lives can often shape them into something better than they could have become otherwise.  It just helped me look at things in a different way.  I'm glad I read the book, and I will probably read more of his books.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment