Saturday, June 30, 2018

Mustaches for Maddie

My sister Molly recommended Mustaches for Maddie. It is the story of Maddie, a sixth grader who loves to wear fake mustaches to be funny, and the book follows the friendship drama and happenings at school. Then when Maddie gets diagnosed with a brain tumor, she faces a scary new life. The book is based on the authors' daughter's real experience.

This was a great read. Maddie was such a great character, and the book was very addicting from the start--I just wanted to keep reading. I loved how realistic the friendship issues were with the girls at school. It totally reminded me of how it was when I was a kid with a kind of popular, controlling girl making everyone desperate to be her friend haha. I liked how Maddie learned and grew and figured out what it means to be kind and to a friend.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment