Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Underwater

My sister recommended Underwater by Marisa Reichardt to me, so I got it from the library. This is one of those books that I would ruin by trying to summarize, so I will just quote from the inside cover: "Morgan didn't mean to do anything wrong that day. Actually, she meant to do something right. But her kind act inadvertently played a role in a deadly tragedy. In order to move on, Morgan must learn to forgive--first someone who did something that might be unforgivable and then herself." There is so much more to the book, but sometimes I think it's better to know less going into a book and just enjoy reading it as it happens....so just read it.

This was a great book. It was one of those addicting books that I could not stop reading, so I kept trying to get Oliver entertained playing something for a few minutes so I could quickly pick it up and read some more. It was just completely engaging. I loved Morgan's character and felt like the author did a great job making her real and believable, and all the side characters were well-developed and great as well. I liked how the author built up certain things and dropped new things as the book went on. I felt like the romance side of the book was a little mushy, but I guess that's young adult literature. :) My only disclaimer to others is that there is a little bit of bad language in the book. But overall this was a great read. Because it's so addicting, it's a pretty quick read as well.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment