Saturday, June 27, 2020

Look Both Ways

I saw Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks by Jason Reynolds received an Coretta Scott King author honor award in 2020, so I got it on ebook from the library. I've read several other books by Jason Reynolds and have enjoyed them. Look Both Ways tells ten separate stories of kids who live in one neighborhood, the stories only slightly overlapping.

This was a fun read. Some of the stories had me laughing out loud (like when a boy puts Vicks VapoRub on his lips), while other stories were sweet and endearing (the Low Cuts and their efforts to get ice cream). I only wish that I read this on a hard copy rather than an ebook because there were so many different characters, and I would have liked to have flipped back to refer back to names or other stories. (That process is just not the same on the Kindle.)

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment