Saturday, June 27, 2020

Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster

My sister Molly also recommended Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier. It is the story of a child chimney sweep named Nan who works for a terrible master. One day Nan gets trapped in a chimney fire and almost dies but somehow miraculously survives--and wakes up to find nearby a small creature made from soot and ash (a golem). Nan heads out with her golem to find a life of their own.

This was a super strange story but also somehow kept my interest. I enjoyed following the story--lots of action and uncertainty and sadness and goofiness. I liked several of the characters, and overall it was a good read. I don't remember much else since it was a couple months ago. :)

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment