Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise

My sister Molly recommended The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart, so I got it from the library. It's the story of Coyote and her dad, Rodeo, who live in an old school bus and travel back and forth across the country. They've lived in the bus for five years, ever since Coyote's mom and two sisters died in a car crash, something Coyote and her dad never speak of. When Coyote hears from her grandma that the neighborhood park is being demolished, Coyote panics--remembering that she and her mom and sisters buried a memory box at that very park. Coyote has to find a way to save that memory box--without her dad realizing her plan.

This was a wonderful book. The story was so engaging and had the best group of characters. Yes, I had to text my sister partway through because I wasn't sure I could emotionally bear the book. Yes, I bawled my eyes out at the end. Yes, I'd highly recommend it.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment