Thursday, April 1, 2021

Theodore Boone: The Scandal

When I was at the library the other day, I saw Theodoore Boone: The Scandal by John Grisham and excitedly realized that there were new books in this series that I started years ago. The series is about 13-year-old Theo who is super interested in the judicial system thanks to his two lawyer parents, and in each book he gets involved in something related to the law. :) This book follows Theo and his friend April when she discovers information about a cheating scandal at a neighboring middle school.

This was a fun read. I've had trouble getting into a book lately (started several and ended up just returning them to the library), but I had no problem finishing this book. It was engaging and kept me reading. I kind of like how Theo always turns to his parents for help in this series rather than just hiding things from them and dealing with big problems on his own. (It's less stressful for me haha.) I do feel like this book wasn't completely realistic in how much people valued Theo's opinion about things and such, but it's fun anyway. I enjoy these books.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment