Saturday, October 31, 2009

Forest Born

Forest Born by Shannon Hale is the 4th book of the Books of Bayern. It is the story of Rin, Razo's younger sister, who feels unsure and unsettled about who she is. She decides to leave home for awhile in search of something new even though her family's home in the forest is all she's known. When Rin goes on an important mission with Isi, Enna, and Dasha (who she calls the "fire sisters"), she starts to realize that maybe she has some abilities that she never noticed in the past.

I absolutely loved this book. It was my favorite of the Books of Bayern since Goose Girl, probably since Rin is such a real, likable character. She was so sweet, and the gifts she has made me love reading about how she helped people and made a difference. The book was exciting to read, and as always with these books, it's fun to re-connect with the characters from the past books--but see characters in a new perspective. If you haven't read this series yet, please do. I loved this book! And the whole series! I hope Shannon Hale writes more.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

1 comment:

  1. Rin is my favorite too, but I do love all the Books of Bayern, but Forest Born is the best.

    ReplyDelete