Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tiger Rising

I chose Tiger Rising because I have enjoyed Kate DiCamillo's books in the past (specifically Tale of Despereaux). This book is about a boy named Rob who recently lost his mother to cancer, lives at a motel with his dad, and gets made fun of at school. As he deals with the sadness and unhappiness in life, one day he sees a caged tiger in the woods behind his house. The story follows what happens with Rob, the new girl Sistine, and that out-of-place tiger.

I really liked this book. I feel like Kate DiCamillo as an author really has a way of bringing you into her stories--just in the words she uses. It was a calming book that really brought out human emotions.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

1 comment:

  1. i actually have never read any of her books, though i've heard they are really good. katie kenny was obsessed with her for a while. maybe i'll put some on my list of books to read.

    ReplyDelete