Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rapunzel's Revenge

Since I've read pretty much everything else Shannon Hale has written, I figured I should give Rapunzel's Revenge a try even though it was a graphic novel--something I wouldn't normally pick up. This book is about a girl named Rapunzel who finds out that the mean woman she's been calling "mother" for years isn't actually her mother but a kidnapper and evil ruler. Rapunzel is locked in a tree, but her quick growing hair offers her a way to escape, and soon she is on the road, fighting her way to try to rescue her real mother from a slave camp.

This book was a cute story, and it had great pictures. I think it'd be a better book for a read aloud with kids than just me reading it myself. I didn't enjoy it as much as I would a novel because the story felt choppier since it was in the graphic novel form.

Rating: * (1/3 = It was okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment